Thursday, August 1, 2013

DIY Ring Holder Necklace

     This one goes out to all my nursing friends and to those of us who can't wear our wedding rings at work! I love my wedding ring and one of my favorite things about it is the low profile. In theory this way I could still wear it while working. However, my current position does not allow me to because of the risk for infection to the sweet tiny babies I take care of. So that leaves my options to pretty much putting it in the safe when I'm at work or putting it on a necklace. :( I don't know about you but I'm really good at forgetting things unless they're right in front of my face. So if I put my rings away, I forget about them for days and then my finger feels naked!

      The other day I stumbled upon the perfect solution on Pinterest. It is a really cute silver necklace with a heart charm that opens to hold your rings. Awesome.....not quite! I was excited until I saw the $60 price tag!!!!! Ouch! So I did my research and found out it is quite simple to DIY. I made a very similar version for $10! Yay! Now keep in mind I was looking for the cheapest option because I wasn't quite sure what I was doing or if I would like it. So here's what I did:

Supplies:
1 silver necklace
1 heart clasp pendant
1 jump ring

     I found a silver chain necklace that came with the clasp already attached. Then i attached the jump ring to the pendant and chain and that's it! Super simple, super cheap, and best of all no tools required!  (Did I mention I put mine together in my car in the parking lot because I was so excited?) I'll probably make a nicer one with a bigger pendant down the road but for right now it works! A nicer version could easily be made for about $20.  Here's the finished product:


























post signature



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. Now I just need to find a clasp I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to find one I liked too. Finally settled on one at Joann's but then went to Hancock Fabric and found one I liked better! O well! I'd love to see how yours turns out! Please post a picture when you finish it!

      Delete