Sunday, May 25, 2014

Update from The Move

     I've finally come out from the rock I've been hiding under for the past 4 months! So I really wasn't hiding under a rock but just moving across country and starting a new job...no biggie, right! I'll give you the brief overview and spare you the details of the last few months. So we moved into our townhouse and have been slowly finding furnishings for it. We had nothing when we got here so we had a lot of work to do.  Not only did we have nothing, but my husband and I have very different tastes when it comes to home decor. The OCD person that I am had every room planned as soon as I got pictures and each of those plans got vetoed. Anyhow, I think we've come up with a pretty good plan that doesn't look stupid and he doesn't hate. I hope to have pictures and projects as we go. (Still searching for all my crafting stuff like the power cord to my sewing machine)

     As for the new job, I love every minute of it! I'm doing what I love and being challenged every day. I've seen more in the few months I've been on the floor than I have my entire career! It's scary but at the same time exhilarating and such an amazing learning opportunity! Alongside my NICU job I also have the challenge of restarting my Mary Kay business in a town where I don't know a soul! Sounds easy right! Well believe it or not it can be. I decided to take a baby step and put up an offer for facials on Facebook and got a few responses but only one truly panned out.  But from that one facial of a good work friend I got up the courage to talk about it with others. I've gotten a few more excited responses, so I'm anxious to see where it goes. It's always hard to stay excited about something that takes time to fully blossom, but I know it's worth the effort and risk! 

     So what does the future look like? Lots of pictures and projects as I continue decorating the house as well as some new stuff like product reviews and makeup tutorials. I hope you will join me as we continue our journey together! Let me know if you're out there and what you think so far! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment