- It takes a minute and a half to make one!
- I don't get massive amounts of hair stuck in them when I take them out.
- I still can't make a headband stay on my head for anything!
- I would kill myself if I had paid full price for them!
- $1.99 makes 1 headband and 2 hair ties.
- The 5/8" really is the best for hair ties.
Now the big question is do I venture out to attempt to make a headband that stays or just stick with the hair ties that work? No doubt I have 5 million other patterns on Pinterest to try! For anyone wanting to venture out and make their own, here's what I did. Cut 9" elastic, put ends together and tie, "melt" ends with lighter (or candle if you can't be trusted with a lighter)! For headbands I tried 19", but I don't know if that's too long or short for my head. I'd love to hear any advice and I'll let you know if I stumble upon a solution!
In other happy news, I have a new power cord for my sewing machine so more home goods are on the way!